We are so excited that you want to volunteer your time and become a mentor in our Formal Mentoring Program. This partnership between the Professional Women in Building Council and the Young Leaders Council at the Home Builders Association of Metro Denver is an award-winning program that just gets better and better.
Becoming a Mentor
- We encourage you to engage with your mentee a minimum of every 3 weeks during the 6-month formal engagement.
- You are not limited – you can engage bi-weekly or weekly if you decide to do so.
- The commitment is a minimum of about 4 hours per month.
- You can engage in person, over the phone, or via video conferencing, or any combination – whatever works best for you!
- We provide formal mentoring materials which you can utilize throughout the course of your engagement.
- You will also receive monthly check-ins and support from the Mentoring Committee.
Let Us Know Your Availability
As a mentor you can tell us when you are available and when you aren’t.
Our Matching Process
We will never blindside you with a mentee. During the matching process if you have yourself listed as available, and we have a mentee that seems like a good match, we will reach out to you first to make sure you have the time and the desire to participate.
- First, we check in with you to see if you truly have time.
- Next, we make sure you feel you can provide insight for the mentee based on their desired mentoring outcomes and categories.
- Then, we introduce the match, and a committee member sets up a meet and greet (Virtual or in person).
- We make sure as you begin your engagement you have your formal mentoring materials and provide an orientation.
- Your assigned committee member will help you throughout your engagement with any questions, thoughts, or ideas.
Ready to Get Started? Fill Out the Form Below
Help create industry growth and engagement with your expertise